where bond and blog unite
my thoughts on all things Bond
The lack of posts this week has all lead up to this project, so I'm really sorry. Today I'm sharing with you the Golden Gun I made inspired by the original from the film. My version you can't take apart but its partly made from the same things.
To make my Golden Gun I used:
- A Dunhill 24k Gold lighter
- A Pierre Cardin lighter
-a Pen (one that has a top)
- a cufflink
- a pen lid
As well as these items I used these to put it together:
- a glue gun (or super glue)
- gold spray paint
Some photos of the finished item...
To make this gun I firstly looked up images on google, finding one which gave me a good look at the details of it, something I would recommend doing. Here's the step by step guide on how to do it.
1. stick the smaller Pierre Cardin lighter slightly off centre of the Dunhill one, making sure you stick it onto the side.
2. take out the fuel cell on the bottom of the lighter with a screwdriver.
3. place the end of the pen into this slot ( it only just has to sit in there.) and add glue to the hole before placing the pen in it and pressing it down.
3. using pliers twist a cufflink so the bit that goes through your shirt faces to the left instead of the front. Then apply the cufflink on the Dunhill lighter in front of the Pierre Cardin one so it goes over the edge of the Dunhill lighter.
4. Then slot a small pen lid ( I used a stabilo point 88 lid,) between the cufflink and the pen you stuck on earlier.
5. now just secure any other areas with extra glue to make it stable.
6. lastly spray your gun with gold spray paint. I used Rust-Oleum universal metallic spray paint in Pure Gold.
This project seems a little daunting but is actually not that tricky to do, so definitely give it a go!!
Sorry for the lack of posting this week have been making this throughout the week, hope you enjoy this post!!
se you soon!